Inspirational Fortune Cookie #Quotes (From Last Night’s Dinner)
My mom always said “Good things come in small packages.” Growing up I always thought she just meant presents. Funny thing is that the saying applies to inspiration as well as gifts. Along with a tasty Pad Thai take out dinner I brought home, I also grabbed extra fortune cookies for everyone to enjoy. Twelve to be exact.
Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner together and then moved on to dessert. Part of the ritual is to read the fortunes out loud. This batch contained some catchy quotes and a couple of funny predictions. Ten out of twelve are inspirational. The other two perhaps could be classified as such so I am sticking with that theme. Besides, these days we all could use a bit more inspiration…right? Enjoy!
1. “Book Lovers Never Go To Bed Alone”
2. “Character Is Who You Are When No One Is Watching”
3. “He Who Hesitates Is Last”
4. “Haste Does Not Bring Success”
5. “He Who Climbs A Ladder Must Begin At The First Step”
6. “Ideas Not Coupled With Action Never Become Bigger Than The Brain Cells They Occupied”
7. “Have A Vision…Be Demanding”
8. “Home Is Where Your Heart Is”
9. “Character Is To Man What Carbon Is To Steel”
10. “Happiness Will Bring You Good Luck”
11. “Chill While You Can…A Big Project Is Coming Your Way”
12. “Big Things Coming In The Future…Only A Matter Of Time”
Next time you grab takeout where fortune cookies are offered as a treat grab a few and see what good things lie inside (while you eat the outside). Chances are you will find wonderful inspiration, compelling quotes or even humor that makes your endorphins race.
Already have some favorite fortune cookie quotes? Please share in the comments section below. Cheers!
John Boyle is the Lifestyle Editor and a Contributing Author for 12Most.com. This post originally ran on 12Most on September 29th, 2011.